BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BayPine LP (“BayPine”) today announced that it has promoted four individuals across its investment and operations teams. Tom O’Rourke has been promoted to Partner, Charles Rayner has been named Managing Director, Emily Osman has been named Vice President, and Erika Glass has been promoted to Director of Firm Administration.
BayPine also announced that Farhan Siddiqi, a proven executive who has driven some of the most visible and successful digital transformations in the consumer sector over the past two decades, joined the firm as an Operating Partner.
“We are proud to recognize the substantial contributions of Tom, Charles, Emily and Erika, each of whom reflect the high standards and pursuit of excellence that BayPine strives for every day,” said Anjan Mukherjee and David Roux, Managing Partners of BayPine. “Notably, we are thrilled to welcome Tom to the firm’s partnership. Since joining BayPine at its founding, Tom has distinguished himself as an outstanding leader and skilled investor and has created significant value for our portfolio companies, management teams and other stakeholders. We are also pleased to acknowledge Charles, Emily and Erika’s hard work, and we look forward to their continued success and professional development at BayPine.”
Commenting on Mr. Siddiqi joining BayPine, Wan Ling Martello, Founding Partner of BayPine, added, “We are excited Farhan has joined BayPine as an Operating Partner, which demonstrates our commitment to attracting world-class talent and is an endorsement of our approach to driving meaningful growth and operational improvement in high-quality businesses through technology enablement. He has already made significant enhancements across our portfolio companies, and we look forward to his many future contributions to our firm.”
- Tom O’Rourke currently serves on the boards of directors of Penn Foster and Mavis Tire Express Services. Prior to joining BayPine, he was a Principal at Bain Capital in the North American Private Equity team, where he worked in the consumer and business services verticals investing across a broad spectrum of industries including auto services, consumer health, retail and travel & leisure. Mr. O’Rourke began his career at Goldman Sachs in the Private Equity Group.
- Farhan Siddiqi joined BayPine in October 2021. Previously, he served as the Chief Digital Officer of multinational retail and e-commerce group Ahold Delhaize, where he drove digital transformation initiatives across the company’s twenty brands. Before that, he served as the interim CEO and Board Member of Fresh Direct and has held key leadership positions for complex global organizations such as McDonald’s, Bank of America and Target.
- Charles Rayner joined BayPine in 2020 and focuses on specialty industrials investments. Previously, he was a Principal at Declaration Partners. Prior to that, he served on the investment team at Marble Arch, a value-investing hedge fund, and Conatus Capital, a fundamental equity-focused hedge fund. Mr. Rayner began his career in the Private Equity Group of Blackstone. Over his public and private equity career, Mr. Rayner has invested in a variety of industrial sectors, including aerospace & defense, construction materials, distribution, manufacturing, security and related software & services.
- Emily Osman joined BayPine in 2019 and focuses on business development and capital markets solutions for the firm. Previously, she was an Associate in the Investment Banking Division of Barclays, where she focused on leveraged buyouts, mergers & acquisitions and equity issuances across sectors. Ms. Osman began her career at Barclays in the Debt Capital Markets group.
- Erika Glass joined BayPine in 2019. Previously, she held various operations and administrative roles at PillPack, Bain Capital and SVG Advisers.